Nothing is worse than being hot in your bedroom and freezing in your bathroom. These temperature variations can be very frustrating. Whether it’s winter or summer, it seems impossible to keep your home comfortable. No matter what you do, you can’t find a happy medium. You’re not alone. The good news, however, is that C&L services has solutions for your problems.
Not only are temperature variations frustrating and uncomfortable, but it can be expensive. You may spend hundreds of dollars a year just trying to keep certain rooms warm or cool.
If you are constantly playing with your thermostat, trying to spark the cool or warm air, you’re only going to get more frustrated. It’s not your thermostat. All you’re going to do is waste more money if you do this.
Why Are Certain Rooms So Much Colder Than Others?
You may wonder why certain rooms don’t catch up to the rest of your house. These rooms tend to be the ones furthest from the heating and cooling systems. For example, your bedroom may be warmer than the rest of your house. Or, your bathroom may be freezing in the middle of the night. There is nothing good about this.
Some of the causes of temperature variations include:
- You let in cold or warm air through your windows and doors: It’s important to keep your window locked in the winter. Just a small crack can let in enough air to cost you hundreds of dollars a year. In the summer, you don’t want to let the cool air from your air conditioning unit escape through the windows.
- You have drafts under your doors: You need to check to see if you have a draft under your doors. You can actually place your hand on the floor next to the door and you’ll know right away if you have a draft. You can either use draft blockers or try a sealant to close these gaps. Call C&L Services and they can take a look and make a recommendation of what may be the best option for your HVAC systems.
- You leave your blinds, shutters or drapes open: You need to check the windows in your home for drafts. If you leave your blinds open, you’re not only letting in the drafts – you’re also letting the sunlight in. Have you ever noticed your pet likes to find the one spot in the room with sunshine? That’s because it’s the warmest spot in the room. Don’t let open blinds be the reason for why your AC bill is through the roof. It’s hard to be energy efficient when you’re wasting energy left and right.
- Larger rooms are going to longer to heat or cool than smaller rooms: If you have a large bedroom or living room, you’ll notice it takes a lot longer to get cool or warm. It also doesn’t seem to get as cold or as warm as the other rooms in the house. This could be due to your central air conditioning. You could opt for a ductless system. This will allow you to regulate the air directly in these larger rooms.
- If you have window air conditioners, you may be losing cool and warm air through them. The slivers of space between your wall and the unit can end up costing you more than a few temperatures and more than a few dollars.
Call and speak with one of our HVAC technicians. They’ll come out and see if they can figure out what’s causing temperature variations in your house.
Call and Speak With One of Our HVAC Service Technicians
One of our customers biggest complaints is that their house isn’t all the same temperature. It can be very frustrating to know you have to dress differently depending on what room you’re in. There are things you can do to help this. You just need to talk to a heating, ventilation and air conditioning specialist to see what you can do.
Call and schedule your free estimate today. The experts at C&L Services are available 7 days a week to help you. They’ll be able to diagnose your issues and come up with solutions that work for you.
Which is Better for Your Home – Gas or Electric Furnace?
One of the most debated decisions when it comes to your home’s heating system is – gas vs electric furnace. Thankfully, this isn’t a decision you have to make every year. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to replace or convert your heating system a few times in your lifetime. Some people simply have their…
Should You Wait Until Next Spring to Replace Your Air Conditioner?
Now that the summer is over and cooler weather is coming, a lot of people aren’t thinking about their air conditioner. Even if it gave you trouble all summer long, you wouldn’t think to replace your air conditioner in the cooler months. No matter what kind of issues you had with your air conditioning system…
Is It a Good Idea to Install a Tankless Water Heater?
If it’s time for you to install a new water heater, you have to decide between a conventional water heater and a tankless water heater. These are newer technologies available that are perfect for your home. They can improve your hot water experience. They can also save you a lot of money. One of the…
Near Record Breaking Heat Smothers The Southeast
Near record breaking temperatures continue to hover over the majority of the southeastern region of the United States. In a few cases, such as in Atlanta, the high for the day was just one degree short of a record set in 1925. This weather is rather unusual in the area, which would typically expect highs…
How to Regulate the Temperature Variations Throughout Your House
Nothing is worse than being hot in your bedroom and freezing in your bathroom. These temperature variations can be very frustrating. Whether it’s winter or summer, it seems impossible to keep your home comfortable. No matter what you do, you can’t find a happy medium. You’re not alone. The good news, however, is that C&L…
Pros and Cons of Ductless AC and Heat
Over the last few years, a lot of homeowners have moved away from duct heating and cooling. It simply isn’t energy efficient. Over the course of five or ten years, you can spend thousands of extra dollars cooling and heating your home with traditional HVAC units. While ductless heating and cooling systems have a lot…
Helpful Tips to Lower Humidity in Your Home
This time of year, your home can become uncomfortable no matter how high you blast the A/C. Temperatures are high and so is humidity. And, even though fall is just around the corner, that doesn’t mean you’re out of the woods just yet. If you live in South Carolina, you know that the spring and…
Are You Experiencing Any of These Problems this Summer?
When the summer months hit, you can usually depend on your A/C system keeping you cool. If you’re like most people, you wait until the first really hot day to turn on your air conditioner. You try to enjoy those in-between months when your utility bills are a bit lower. So, what happens when you…
How Does Radiant Heat Work and Is It an Option for Your Home?
Radiant heat is an alternative to traditional heating sources. Most people have either gas or electric heat. Some houses even have solar heating systems. Radiant heat is a newer option and not many homeowners know that much about it. With radiant heat systems, heat is supplied to the floor, ceiling or panels in the walls…
Can Solar Panels Destroy Your Roof?
People who are considering installing solar panels may be reluctant to do so because they’re afraid they’ll destroy their roof. This is a legitimate concern. When you think about the impact of panels, you should be aware of their impact on the condition of your roof. Any homeowner would share this concern. Repairing or replacing…