Nothing is worse than being hot in your bedroom and freezing in your bathroom. These temperature variations can be very frustrating. Whether it’s winter or summer, it seems impossible to keep your home comfortable. No matter what you do, you can’t find a happy medium. You’re not alone. The good news, however, is that C&L services has solutions for your problems.
Not only are temperature variations frustrating and uncomfortable, but it can be expensive. You may spend hundreds of dollars a year just trying to keep certain rooms warm or cool.
If you are constantly playing with your thermostat, trying to spark the cool or warm air, you’re only going to get more frustrated. It’s not your thermostat. All you’re going to do is waste more money if you do this.
Why Are Certain Rooms So Much Colder Than Others?
You may wonder why certain rooms don’t catch up to the rest of your house. These rooms tend to be the ones furthest from the heating and cooling systems. For example, your bedroom may be warmer than the rest of your house. Or, your bathroom may be freezing in the middle of the night. There is nothing good about this.
Some of the causes of temperature variations include:
- You let in cold or warm air through your windows and doors: It’s important to keep your window locked in the winter. Just a small crack can let in enough air to cost you hundreds of dollars a year. In the summer, you don’t want to let the cool air from your air conditioning unit escape through the windows.
- You have drafts under your doors: You need to check to see if you have a draft under your doors. You can actually place your hand on the floor next to the door and you’ll know right away if you have a draft. You can either use draft blockers or try a sealant to close these gaps. Call C&L Services and they can take a look and make a recommendation of what may be the best option for your HVAC systems.
- You leave your blinds, shutters or drapes open: You need to check the windows in your home for drafts. If you leave your blinds open, you’re not only letting in the drafts – you’re also letting the sunlight in. Have you ever noticed your pet likes to find the one spot in the room with sunshine? That’s because it’s the warmest spot in the room. Don’t let open blinds be the reason for why your AC bill is through the roof. It’s hard to be energy efficient when you’re wasting energy left and right.
- Larger rooms are going to longer to heat or cool than smaller rooms: If you have a large bedroom or living room, you’ll notice it takes a lot longer to get cool or warm. It also doesn’t seem to get as cold or as warm as the other rooms in the house. This could be due to your central air conditioning. You could opt for a ductless system. This will allow you to regulate the air directly in these larger rooms.
- If you have window air conditioners, you may be losing cool and warm air through them. The slivers of space between your wall and the unit can end up costing you more than a few temperatures and more than a few dollars.
Call and speak with one of our HVAC technicians. They’ll come out and see if they can figure out what’s causing temperature variations in your house.
Call and Speak With One of Our HVAC Service Technicians
One of our customers biggest complaints is that their house isn’t all the same temperature. It can be very frustrating to know you have to dress differently depending on what room you’re in. There are things you can do to help this. You just need to talk to a heating, ventilation and air conditioning specialist to see what you can do.
Call and schedule your free estimate today. The experts at C&L Services are available 7 days a week to help you. They’ll be able to diagnose your issues and come up with solutions that work for you.
7 Ways to Prevent Home Heating Fires
Your home’s heating system helps to keep you warm and comfortable during the coldest months. However, it can also be quite dangerous. Statistics show that heating is the second highest cause of home fires, death, and injuries in the United States. Many of these fires take place in December, January, and February and most often,…
How to Improve the Air Quality in Your Baby’s Nursery
Household air pollution is more serious than many people realize. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, air pollution is often two to five times higher indoors than it is outdoors. When the air quality in your home is poor, it can have adverse health effects for everyone in the household. If you’re looking to improve…
HVAC Habits Every Homeowner Should Avoid in 2020
Every homeowner wants their heating and air conditioning systems to last for as long as they can. This is understandable since, as professional HVAC technicians know, replacing an HVAC system can be costly. What many people don’t realize is that their actions could be reducing the efficiency of their equipment. Regardless of which brand of…
HVAC Maintenance Tips for Pet Owners
Pets are a joy to have around the home. They comfort us when we’re sad, entertain us with their antics and delight us with their personality. No one can deny that they make our lives better. However, having cats, dogs and other furry animals indoors means we have to deal with pet hair and dander.…
How to Take Care of Your Furnace During the Winter
Your furnace plays a very important role in keeping your home comfortable during wintertime. That’s why you must stay on top of winter furnace maintenance. Failing to follow a maintenance schedule or ignoring signs of problems can be disastrous. You may find yourself without heat on the coldest day of the year when all you…
What Can I Do to Lower My Winter Heating Costs?
When the cold weather begins to set in, many South Carolina homeowners notice that their heating bills are ridiculously high. Some people simply pay the bill and move on, assuming it comes with the season. However, others try to find ways to lower winter heating costs. If you think you’re paying too much for heating…
Why Is It So Important to Change My Home’s Air Filters?
Few people think about their HVAC system unless something goes wrong. They simply expect it to function in the way it should. However, if you’re getting hot air in summer or you can’t get warm during winter, you’ll immediately become concerned. If your home also feels stuffy or you’re experiencing respiratory problems, the issue could…
How Does Installing Hardwood Floors Help Keep Your House Warm?
One of the easiest ways to keep your house warm in the winter and cool in the summer is by using insulation. There are other ways to do this. One great way to do this is to install hardwood floor planks on your floors, walls and ceilings. A lot of people never realize that it’s…
What are the Different Types of Insulation?
Chances are, you have some idea of what insulation are. Even if you’ve never had to buy or install it, you would recognize that pink roll if you saw it. But, did you know that there are all different types of insulation? They come in different sizes and are made from different materials. When it…
Should You Choose Oil or Gas Heat for Your Home?
Whether you’re building a new home or are just looking to make a change, you have to consider the pros and cons of oil or gas heat. More people have gas heat. While it’s a bit more expensive to install a gas heating system, it will save you money over the long run. It’s also…