Over the last few years, a lot of homeowners have moved away from duct heating and cooling. It simply isn’t energy efficient. Over the course of five or ten years, you can spend thousands of extra dollars cooling and heating your home with traditional HVAC units.
While ductless heating and cooling systems have a lot of benefits, they aren’t the best solution for everyone. Some people are thrilled with the idea of ductless systems. Other people don’t like them at all. You really have to make a decision about what’s best for your home and your wallet.
Here are some of the pros and cons of ductless heating and cooling systems. Once you’ve given it some thought, call and speak with an HVAC professional at C&L Services in Anderson, South Carolina. They can give you a better idea of how much it will cost to install your system. They can also answer any additional questions you may have.
Pros of Ductless Heating and Cooling Systems
There are actually a lot of pros to a ductless system. In fact, there are many more pros than there are cons. It really comes down to what you’re looking for and how important energy efficiency is to you.
- The system is made up of wall-mounted unit that also have an outside compressor. They can be put in strategic spaces that work best for your home.
- They serve as a great alternative to traditional window unit air conditioners and baseboard heating.
- They only require very minor modifications be made to your home. Very small holes are drilled in the wall to install the units. This leads to a very low risk of air leaks and security issues.
- They are less visible. People don’t tend to notice them because they blend into the wall and background.
- They are very quiet. You can barely hear them while they’re running. They won’t interfere with your entertaining or watching television.
- They are very energy efficient. Most traditional duct systems cost you about 25% in lost energy. You won’t have that problem with a ductless heating and cooling system.
- You can adjust the speed up or down to suit your unique needs. You can also put them in strategic areas of your home where you spend most of your time.
- You can save as much as 30% on your energy costs. Over time, this will more than make up for the costs of installations.
While these benefits seem hard to resist, there are some cons to having a ductless heating and cooling system. You want to take everything into account before you make any final decisions.
Cons of a Ductless System
While there are a few cons to installing a ductless heating and cooling system, there aren’t that many. There are four (4) main cons to this kind of HVAC system:
- Installation can be expensive. As opposed to spending a few hundreds on a regular system, you may end up spending thousands to install a ductless heating and cooling system. However, you may save more than this over time in energy costs.
- They aren’t very aesthetically pleasing. These units usually are only available in white or tan. If this doesn’t match your home décor, it could be a deal breaker.
- They do require monthly maintenance. You have to wash your filters every month without question. Otherwise, they won’t run properly and you won’t realize the energy savings.
- If you live in a cold climate, you will need a fuel-based backup system. Your ductless system may not be able to handle the frigid temperatures. Ask a professional HVAC technician from C&L Services if they think a ductless system can handle your home. Given the climate in South Carolina, this really shouldn’t be an issue.
Once you’ve considered the pros and cons of a ductless heating and cooling system, you may want to install a new system in your home. Call and speak with an energy expert at C&L Services in Anderson today.
Contact an HVAC Professional at C&L Services in Anderson Today
If you’ve been thinking about installing a ductless heating and cooling system, call and speak with the friendly associates at C&L Services in Anderson. They can come out and look at your home and let you know if a ductless system would be a good solution for you.
Call today and schedule your free estimate. This could be the solution you’ve been looking for.
Should You Choose Oil or Gas Heat for Your Home?
Whether you’re building a new home or are just looking to make a change, you have to consider the pros and cons of oil or gas heat. More people have gas heat. While it’s a bit more expensive to install a gas heating system, it will save you money over the long run. It’s also…
How to Prepare Your Fireplace for Winter
Some people love to sit by the fireplace in the winter. When it’s chilly outside, you can sit around the fire reading or watching a movie. It can make your home feel rustic and homey. But a fireplace can also be dangerous. If you don’t make sure your fireplace maintenance is up to date, it…
What Are Some of the Biggest HVAC Challenges for the Fall?
One of the reasons you should always know how to reach an experienced HVAC repairman is because weather is unpredictable. You never know when your heating or cooling system will take a hit. When this happens, no matter what time of year it is, you’re going to need help. One way to prevent a lot…
Which is Better for Your Home – Gas or Electric Furnace?
One of the most debated decisions when it comes to your home’s heating system is – gas vs electric furnace. Thankfully, this isn’t a decision you have to make every year. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to replace or convert your heating system a few times in your lifetime. Some people simply have their…
Should You Wait Until Next Spring to Replace Your Air Conditioner?
Now that the summer is over and cooler weather is coming, a lot of people aren’t thinking about their air conditioner. Even if it gave you trouble all summer long, you wouldn’t think to replace your air conditioner in the cooler months. No matter what kind of issues you had with your air conditioning system…
Is It a Good Idea to Install a Tankless Water Heater?
If it’s time for you to install a new water heater, you have to decide between a conventional water heater and a tankless water heater. These are newer technologies available that are perfect for your home. They can improve your hot water experience. They can also save you a lot of money. One of the…
Near Record Breaking Heat Smothers The Southeast
Near record breaking temperatures continue to hover over the majority of the southeastern region of the United States. In a few cases, such as in Atlanta, the high for the day was just one degree short of a record set in 1925. This weather is rather unusual in the area, which would typically expect highs…
How to Regulate the Temperature Variations Throughout Your House
Nothing is worse than being hot in your bedroom and freezing in your bathroom. These temperature variations can be very frustrating. Whether it’s winter or summer, it seems impossible to keep your home comfortable. No matter what you do, you can’t find a happy medium. You’re not alone. The good news, however, is that C&L…
Pros and Cons of Ductless AC and Heat
Over the last few years, a lot of homeowners have moved away from duct heating and cooling. It simply isn’t energy efficient. Over the course of five or ten years, you can spend thousands of extra dollars cooling and heating your home with traditional HVAC units. While ductless heating and cooling systems have a lot…
Helpful Tips to Lower Humidity in Your Home
This time of year, your home can become uncomfortable no matter how high you blast the A/C. Temperatures are high and so is humidity. And, even though fall is just around the corner, that doesn’t mean you’re out of the woods just yet. If you live in South Carolina, you know that the spring and…