Over the last few years, a lot of homeowners have moved away from duct heating and cooling. It simply isn’t energy efficient. Over the course of five or ten years, you can spend thousands of extra dollars cooling and heating your home with traditional HVAC units.
While ductless heating and cooling systems have a lot of benefits, they aren’t the best solution for everyone. Some people are thrilled with the idea of ductless systems. Other people don’t like them at all. You really have to make a decision about what’s best for your home and your wallet.
Here are some of the pros and cons of ductless heating and cooling systems. Once you’ve given it some thought, call and speak with an HVAC professional at C&L Services in Anderson, South Carolina. They can give you a better idea of how much it will cost to install your system. They can also answer any additional questions you may have.
Pros of Ductless Heating and Cooling Systems
There are actually a lot of pros to a ductless system. In fact, there are many more pros than there are cons. It really comes down to what you’re looking for and how important energy efficiency is to you.
- The system is made up of wall-mounted unit that also have an outside compressor. They can be put in strategic spaces that work best for your home.
- They serve as a great alternative to traditional window unit air conditioners and baseboard heating.
- They only require very minor modifications be made to your home. Very small holes are drilled in the wall to install the units. This leads to a very low risk of air leaks and security issues.
- They are less visible. People don’t tend to notice them because they blend into the wall and background.
- They are very quiet. You can barely hear them while they’re running. They won’t interfere with your entertaining or watching television.
- They are very energy efficient. Most traditional duct systems cost you about 25% in lost energy. You won’t have that problem with a ductless heating and cooling system.
- You can adjust the speed up or down to suit your unique needs. You can also put them in strategic areas of your home where you spend most of your time.
- You can save as much as 30% on your energy costs. Over time, this will more than make up for the costs of installations.
While these benefits seem hard to resist, there are some cons to having a ductless heating and cooling system. You want to take everything into account before you make any final decisions.
Cons of a Ductless System
While there are a few cons to installing a ductless heating and cooling system, there aren’t that many. There are four (4) main cons to this kind of HVAC system:
- Installation can be expensive. As opposed to spending a few hundreds on a regular system, you may end up spending thousands to install a ductless heating and cooling system. However, you may save more than this over time in energy costs.
- They aren’t very aesthetically pleasing. These units usually are only available in white or tan. If this doesn’t match your home décor, it could be a deal breaker.
- They do require monthly maintenance. You have to wash your filters every month without question. Otherwise, they won’t run properly and you won’t realize the energy savings.
- If you live in a cold climate, you will need a fuel-based backup system. Your ductless system may not be able to handle the frigid temperatures. Ask a professional HVAC technician from C&L Services if they think a ductless system can handle your home. Given the climate in South Carolina, this really shouldn’t be an issue.
Once you’ve considered the pros and cons of a ductless heating and cooling system, you may want to install a new system in your home. Call and speak with an energy expert at C&L Services in Anderson today.
Contact an HVAC Professional at C&L Services in Anderson Today
If you’ve been thinking about installing a ductless heating and cooling system, call and speak with the friendly associates at C&L Services in Anderson. They can come out and look at your home and let you know if a ductless system would be a good solution for you.
Call today and schedule your free estimate. This could be the solution you’ve been looking for.
Near Record Breaking Heat Smothers The Southeast
Near record breaking temperatures continue to hover over the majority of the southeastern region of the United States. In a few cases, such as in Atlanta, the high for the day was just one degree short of a record set in 1925. This weather is rather unusual in the area, which would typically expect highs…
Pros and Cons of Ductless AC and Heat
Over the last few years, a lot of homeowners have moved away from duct heating and cooling. It simply isn’t energy efficient. Over the course of five or ten years, you can spend thousands of extra dollars cooling and heating your home with traditional HVAC units. While ductless heating and cooling systems have a lot…
Helpful Tips to Lower Humidity in Your Home
This time of year, your home can become uncomfortable no matter how high you blast the A/C. Temperatures are high and so is humidity. And, even though fall is just around the corner, that doesn’t mean you’re out of the woods just yet. If you live in South Carolina, you know that the spring and…
Are You Experiencing Any of These Problems this Summer?
When the summer months hit, you can usually depend on your A/C system keeping you cool. If you’re like most people, you wait until the first really hot day to turn on your air conditioner. You try to enjoy those in-between months when your utility bills are a bit lower. So, what happens when you…
How Does Radiant Heat Work and Is It an Option for Your Home?
Radiant heat is an alternative to traditional heating sources. Most people have either gas or electric heat. Some houses even have solar heating systems. Radiant heat is a newer option and not many homeowners know that much about it. With radiant heat systems, heat is supplied to the floor, ceiling or panels in the walls…
Can Solar Panels Destroy Your Roof?
People who are considering installing solar panels may be reluctant to do so because they’re afraid they’ll destroy their roof. This is a legitimate concern. When you think about the impact of panels, you should be aware of their impact on the condition of your roof. Any homeowner would share this concern. Repairing or replacing…
How to Solve the Biggest Problems with Your A/C This Summer
It’s about that time of year when the temperatures are on the rise. It’s almost impossible to survive the summer without air conditioner. Whether you have central air or window units, you could run into problems. The good news is, there are professional HVAC technicians just a phone call away. The experts at C&L Services…
How to Make Sure Your A/C Is Running Effectively this Summer
We’re approaching the summer months when temperatures skyrocket and so do our electric bills. Most people in this day and age have air conditioning. Some people still rely on window units and portable air conditioners. But, for the most part, we all have central air. Central air is great. It’s convenient and easy to use.…
What You Need to Know About Air Filters
If you’ve ever been to a hardware store, you’ve probably seen the air filter section. How could they possibly have an entire aisle made up of air filters? How many different kinds of air filters are there? A lot of people don’t know the first thing about air filters. They know they’re supposed to change…
What are Ductless Air Conditioners and How Do They Work?
A ductless air conditioner is just another type of heating and cooling system. They run off of an outdoor heat pump and an indoor cooling system. It basically mounts on your wall. It works like any other central AC system but it doesn’t require ducts. You just attach one to the rooms in your house…