There’s nothing more frustrating than having your air conditioner stop working in the dog days of summer. Whether you’re having a birthday party or celebrating the 4th of July, the last thing you want to do is have no AC. Not only is this uncomfortable for your family, but it can be dangerous. If you have older people or babies in your home, you need air conditioning.
Most homeowners don’t know what makes their AC stop working. Sure, they may fiddle with their radiator and pretend they know what’s wrong. But, the bottom line is, we need professionals to handle this for us. The experts at C&L Services can help diagnose your problem and let you know how they can fix it.
If your air conditioner isn’t working, or if it just seems to be pumping out less cool air than normal, give them a call. They can come out and offer a free estimate to see what’s wrong with your HVAC unit.
Signs That Your AC Isn’t Working Right
In order to know that something’s wrong with your air conditioner, you want to look for the signs. Yes, when you start sweating and see that your thermometer is up to 97 degrees, you know there’s a problem. But, it’s not a good idea to wait for this to happen before calling for help.
While there are times when your AC unit stops working abruptly, there are usually some tell-tale signs that your unit isn’t running the way it should.
- The air coming out isn’t cool at all, or isn’t as cool as it should be
- You may notice that certain areas of your house are cool while others are sweltering. This could mean you have poor air flow.
- Your thermostat isn’t responding. If you notice that your thermostat isn’t working right, you may not have a problem with your AC at all. It could just be your thermostat needs to be replaced.
- Condensation starts to appear in your house. You may see moisture near the unit itself in different spots around your house. This could be a sign that your refrigerant is leaking. This can be very dangerous so make sure you call right away if you notice this.
- You hear strange noises. If you notice that your unit doesn’t sound right, there could be a problem. Call the expert HVAC technicians at C&L Services right away to prevent further damage
If you notice any of these things, you need to call for help right away. Our technicians can come out and take a look at your unit. They’ll examine the coils, the filters, and the refrigerant to make sure there’s nothing wrong. They may have to suggest that your unit be replaced or repaired. Call today for a free estimate.
Some Common Issues With Your Air Conditioning Unit
Although there could be any number of things with your AC unit, some are more common than others. The HVAC technicians at C&L Services can handle just about any issue you may encounter. For now, here are a few of the more common issues we see with air conditioner units:
- Dirty Filters: You may need to change your air conditioner unit. They should be changed every three months. A lot of people think they only need to be changed in the summer. This isn’t necessarily true. You need to check the instructions in your manual to see what your model requires.
- Low Refrigerant: You may have a slow leak. Or, you may just be out of refrigerant. This isn’t something you can fix yourself. Refrigerant is very dangerous if you breathe it in. Let a professional from C&L Services come take a look at your unit to see if this is the problem.
- Thermostat Problems: The good news is that there may not be anything wrong with your air conditioner. You may just need a new thermostat. Or, you may just need to replace the batteries in your thermostat. If you’re not sure, call and have one of our experts come out and take a look.
Contact the Professional HVAC Technicians at C&L Services
If you need help with your AC unit, contact one of the expert HVAC technicians at C&L Services in Anderson today. They offer a free estimate and are available 7 days a week! C&L prides itself on offering their customers the ultimate in customer service and pricing. Call and schedule an appointment today.
Should You Choose Oil or Gas Heat for Your Home?
Whether you’re building a new home or are just looking to make a change, you have to consider the pros and cons of oil or gas heat. More people have gas heat. While it’s a bit more expensive to install a gas heating system, it will save you money over the long run. It’s also…
How to Prepare Your Fireplace for Winter
Some people love to sit by the fireplace in the winter. When it’s chilly outside, you can sit around the fire reading or watching a movie. It can make your home feel rustic and homey. But a fireplace can also be dangerous. If you don’t make sure your fireplace maintenance is up to date, it…
What Are Some of the Biggest HVAC Challenges for the Fall?
One of the reasons you should always know how to reach an experienced HVAC repairman is because weather is unpredictable. You never know when your heating or cooling system will take a hit. When this happens, no matter what time of year it is, you’re going to need help. One way to prevent a lot…
Which is Better for Your Home – Gas or Electric Furnace?
One of the most debated decisions when it comes to your home’s heating system is – gas vs electric furnace. Thankfully, this isn’t a decision you have to make every year. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to replace or convert your heating system a few times in your lifetime. Some people simply have their…
Should You Wait Until Next Spring to Replace Your Air Conditioner?
Now that the summer is over and cooler weather is coming, a lot of people aren’t thinking about their air conditioner. Even if it gave you trouble all summer long, you wouldn’t think to replace your air conditioner in the cooler months. No matter what kind of issues you had with your air conditioning system…
Is It a Good Idea to Install a Tankless Water Heater?
If it’s time for you to install a new water heater, you have to decide between a conventional water heater and a tankless water heater. These are newer technologies available that are perfect for your home. They can improve your hot water experience. They can also save you a lot of money. One of the…
Near Record Breaking Heat Smothers The Southeast
Near record breaking temperatures continue to hover over the majority of the southeastern region of the United States. In a few cases, such as in Atlanta, the high for the day was just one degree short of a record set in 1925. This weather is rather unusual in the area, which would typically expect highs…
How to Regulate the Temperature Variations Throughout Your House
Nothing is worse than being hot in your bedroom and freezing in your bathroom. These temperature variations can be very frustrating. Whether it’s winter or summer, it seems impossible to keep your home comfortable. No matter what you do, you can’t find a happy medium. You’re not alone. The good news, however, is that C&L…
Pros and Cons of Ductless AC and Heat
Over the last few years, a lot of homeowners have moved away from duct heating and cooling. It simply isn’t energy efficient. Over the course of five or ten years, you can spend thousands of extra dollars cooling and heating your home with traditional HVAC units. While ductless heating and cooling systems have a lot…
Helpful Tips to Lower Humidity in Your Home
This time of year, your home can become uncomfortable no matter how high you blast the A/C. Temperatures are high and so is humidity. And, even though fall is just around the corner, that doesn’t mean you’re out of the woods just yet. If you live in South Carolina, you know that the spring and…