There’s nothing more frustrating than having your air conditioner stop working in the dog days of summer. Whether you’re having a birthday party or celebrating the 4th of July, the last thing you want to do is have no AC. Not only is this uncomfortable for your family, but it can be dangerous. If you have older people or babies in your home, you need air conditioning.
Most homeowners don’t know what makes their AC stop working. Sure, they may fiddle with their radiator and pretend they know what’s wrong. But, the bottom line is, we need professionals to handle this for us. The experts at C&L Services can help diagnose your problem and let you know how they can fix it.
If your air conditioner isn’t working, or if it just seems to be pumping out less cool air than normal, give them a call. They can come out and offer a free estimate to see what’s wrong with your HVAC unit.
Signs That Your AC Isn’t Working Right
In order to know that something’s wrong with your air conditioner, you want to look for the signs. Yes, when you start sweating and see that your thermometer is up to 97 degrees, you know there’s a problem. But, it’s not a good idea to wait for this to happen before calling for help.
While there are times when your AC unit stops working abruptly, there are usually some tell-tale signs that your unit isn’t running the way it should.
- The air coming out isn’t cool at all, or isn’t as cool as it should be
- You may notice that certain areas of your house are cool while others are sweltering. This could mean you have poor air flow.
- Your thermostat isn’t responding. If you notice that your thermostat isn’t working right, you may not have a problem with your AC at all. It could just be your thermostat needs to be replaced.
- Condensation starts to appear in your house. You may see moisture near the unit itself in different spots around your house. This could be a sign that your refrigerant is leaking. This can be very dangerous so make sure you call right away if you notice this.
- You hear strange noises. If you notice that your unit doesn’t sound right, there could be a problem. Call the expert HVAC technicians at C&L Services right away to prevent further damage
If you notice any of these things, you need to call for help right away. Our technicians can come out and take a look at your unit. They’ll examine the coils, the filters, and the refrigerant to make sure there’s nothing wrong. They may have to suggest that your unit be replaced or repaired. Call today for a free estimate.
Some Common Issues With Your Air Conditioning Unit
Although there could be any number of things with your AC unit, some are more common than others. The HVAC technicians at C&L Services can handle just about any issue you may encounter. For now, here are a few of the more common issues we see with air conditioner units:
- Dirty Filters: You may need to change your air conditioner unit. They should be changed every three months. A lot of people think they only need to be changed in the summer. This isn’t necessarily true. You need to check the instructions in your manual to see what your model requires.
- Low Refrigerant: You may have a slow leak. Or, you may just be out of refrigerant. This isn’t something you can fix yourself. Refrigerant is very dangerous if you breathe it in. Let a professional from C&L Services come take a look at your unit to see if this is the problem.
- Thermostat Problems: The good news is that there may not be anything wrong with your air conditioner. You may just need a new thermostat. Or, you may just need to replace the batteries in your thermostat. If you’re not sure, call and have one of our experts come out and take a look.
Contact the Professional HVAC Technicians at C&L Services
If you need help with your AC unit, contact one of the expert HVAC technicians at C&L Services in Anderson today. They offer a free estimate and are available 7 days a week! C&L prides itself on offering their customers the ultimate in customer service and pricing. Call and schedule an appointment today.
Near Record Breaking Heat Smothers The Southeast
Near record breaking temperatures continue to hover over the majority of the southeastern region of the United States. In a few cases, such as in Atlanta, the high for the day was just one degree short of a record set in 1925. This weather is rather unusual in the area, which would typically expect highs…
Pros and Cons of Ductless AC and Heat
Over the last few years, a lot of homeowners have moved away from duct heating and cooling. It simply isn’t energy efficient. Over the course of five or ten years, you can spend thousands of extra dollars cooling and heating your home with traditional HVAC units. While ductless heating and cooling systems have a lot…
Helpful Tips to Lower Humidity in Your Home
This time of year, your home can become uncomfortable no matter how high you blast the A/C. Temperatures are high and so is humidity. And, even though fall is just around the corner, that doesn’t mean you’re out of the woods just yet. If you live in South Carolina, you know that the spring and…
Are You Experiencing Any of These Problems this Summer?
When the summer months hit, you can usually depend on your A/C system keeping you cool. If you’re like most people, you wait until the first really hot day to turn on your air conditioner. You try to enjoy those in-between months when your utility bills are a bit lower. So, what happens when you…
How Does Radiant Heat Work and Is It an Option for Your Home?
Radiant heat is an alternative to traditional heating sources. Most people have either gas or electric heat. Some houses even have solar heating systems. Radiant heat is a newer option and not many homeowners know that much about it. With radiant heat systems, heat is supplied to the floor, ceiling or panels in the walls…
Can Solar Panels Destroy Your Roof?
People who are considering installing solar panels may be reluctant to do so because they’re afraid they’ll destroy their roof. This is a legitimate concern. When you think about the impact of panels, you should be aware of their impact on the condition of your roof. Any homeowner would share this concern. Repairing or replacing…
How to Solve the Biggest Problems with Your A/C This Summer
It’s about that time of year when the temperatures are on the rise. It’s almost impossible to survive the summer without air conditioner. Whether you have central air or window units, you could run into problems. The good news is, there are professional HVAC technicians just a phone call away. The experts at C&L Services…
How to Make Sure Your A/C Is Running Effectively this Summer
We’re approaching the summer months when temperatures skyrocket and so do our electric bills. Most people in this day and age have air conditioning. Some people still rely on window units and portable air conditioners. But, for the most part, we all have central air. Central air is great. It’s convenient and easy to use.…
What You Need to Know About Air Filters
If you’ve ever been to a hardware store, you’ve probably seen the air filter section. How could they possibly have an entire aisle made up of air filters? How many different kinds of air filters are there? A lot of people don’t know the first thing about air filters. They know they’re supposed to change…
What are Ductless Air Conditioners and How Do They Work?
A ductless air conditioner is just another type of heating and cooling system. They run off of an outdoor heat pump and an indoor cooling system. It basically mounts on your wall. It works like any other central AC system but it doesn’t require ducts. You just attach one to the rooms in your house…