We’re approaching the summer months when temperatures skyrocket and so do our electric bills. Most people in this day and age have air conditioning. Some people still rely on window units and portable air conditioners. But, for the most part, we all have central air.
Central air is great. It’s convenient and easy to use. It keeps our homes cool in the summer months. But it can also be expensive to run. If your AC system isn’t running efficiently, you may as well just throw money out your car window.
Your HVAC professional at C&L Services in Anderson, South Carolina knows what it takes to get your cooling system to run right. There are certain things they can do to make your air conditioning system run more efficiently.
You should have someone from C&L Services come out soon to evaluate your air conditioning system. They can make a few suggestions on ways you can cool your home. They can even help you become eco-friendly.
There are Ways to Cool Down Your Home Naturally
There’s no denying that it would be hard to make it through the summer without central air conditioning. But that doesn’t mean you need to run it 24 hours a day. There are a few things you can do to cool your home down naturally. This can both help save you money and make you eco-friendly.
Follow these simple tips to keep your home cooler this summer:
- Keep your blinds closed during the day – If your blinds are open, they’re allowing more sunlight to get into your house. Although this will keep your home nice and bright, it will also make your house hotter. If you close your blinds through the day, it’ll keep your home a few degrees cooler.
- Keep your ceiling fans on low – If your AC is off, or you want to keep it set at a higher temperature, you should keep your ceiling fans on low. This will help circulate the air and make your home a bit cooler. It’s a lot cheaper to run ceiling fans than it is to run your AC on high.
- Focus on your body temperature, not the house temperature – A lot of us see the temps in our home rise and automatically crank up the AC. This isn’t smart. You really shouldn’t worry about the temperature on your digital thermometer. You should focus on the temperature of your body. If you’re not hot, there’s no reason to turn on the AC.
- Change the sheets on your bed –A lot of people tend to turn the AC lower when they go to bed. Nobody wants to be hot while they’re trying to go to sleep. But a colder house may not be the solution. You should try to swap out the sheets on your bed for cooler sheets. This could make all the difference. It’s a lot cheaper than running the air conditioner. It also makes for a more comfortable night’s rest.
Talk to your C&L Services HVAC professional about other ways to naturally cool your home. This way, when you really do need to turn up the AC, your pocket won’t suffer as much.
What Else Can You Do to Make Your AC Unit More Efficient?
Naturally cooling your home can only take you so far. There are absolutely times when you need to run your AC unit on high. Your town could be going through a heat wave. Or, you may have people coming over.
This is why your HVAC professional can suggest a few tips to make your AC run more efficiently. Here are a few things you can do to make your air conditioner more efficient:
- Set your temperature just a few degrees higher
- Clean the area near your outside condenser unit
- Make sure your vents aren’t blocked
- Vacuum your vents to make sure they’re clear
- Keep your blinds closed during the day
- Don’t place hot appliances like lamps near your thermostat
If you follow these tips, you should see your energy bills go way down. And, the good news is, your home should still feel pretty cool.
Contact an HVAC Professional in South Carolina Today
If you have questions about the efficiency of your AC unit, call and speak with someone at C&L Services today. They can answer any questions you may have. They can also schedule a time to come out and look at your HVAC system.
Are You Experiencing Any of These Problems this Summer?
When the summer months hit, you can usually depend on your A/C system keeping you cool. If you’re like most people, you wait until the first really hot day to turn on your air conditioner. You try to enjoy those in-between months when your utility bills are a bit lower. So, what happens when you…
How Does Radiant Heat Work and Is It an Option for Your Home?
Radiant heat is an alternative to traditional heating sources. Most people have either gas or electric heat. Some houses even have solar heating systems. Radiant heat is a newer option and not many homeowners know that much about it. With radiant heat systems, heat is supplied to the floor, ceiling or panels in the walls…
Can Solar Panels Destroy Your Roof?
People who are considering installing solar panels may be reluctant to do so because they’re afraid they’ll destroy their roof. This is a legitimate concern. When you think about the impact of panels, you should be aware of their impact on the condition of your roof. Any homeowner would share this concern. Repairing or replacing…
How to Solve the Biggest Problems with Your A/C This Summer
It’s about that time of year when the temperatures are on the rise. It’s almost impossible to survive the summer without air conditioner. Whether you have central air or window units, you could run into problems. The good news is, there are professional HVAC technicians just a phone call away. The experts at C&L Services…
How to Make Sure Your A/C Is Running Effectively this Summer
We’re approaching the summer months when temperatures skyrocket and so do our electric bills. Most people in this day and age have air conditioning. Some people still rely on window units and portable air conditioners. But, for the most part, we all have central air. Central air is great. It’s convenient and easy to use.…
What You Need to Know About Air Filters
If you’ve ever been to a hardware store, you’ve probably seen the air filter section. How could they possibly have an entire aisle made up of air filters? How many different kinds of air filters are there? A lot of people don’t know the first thing about air filters. They know they’re supposed to change…
What are Ductless Air Conditioners and How Do They Work?
A ductless air conditioner is just another type of heating and cooling system. They run off of an outdoor heat pump and an indoor cooling system. It basically mounts on your wall. It works like any other central AC system but it doesn’t require ducts. You just attach one to the rooms in your house…
What Are The Issues You May Encounter With Your Air Conditioner?
There’s nothing more frustrating than having your air conditioner stop working in the dog days of summer. Whether you’re having a birthday party or celebrating the 4th of July, the last thing you want to do is have no AC. Not only is this uncomfortable for your family, but it can be dangerous. If you…
How Does New HVAC Technology Help the Environment?
Everybody seems to be going green these days. Whether it’s because you want to be kind to the environment or because you want to save money, it doesn’t matter. When it comes to your HVAC issues, the same rule applies. There’s a lot of new HVAC technology out there that can help you be environmentally…